It has been a tradition for Kurt and I to hit the lake on the fourth for the last 9 years. This year we went early, on the 3rd. Skip, Kristi, and Cayson braved the crazy dogs (who did not crap on the boat this time) to tube and wakeboard with us. Sadly all the pictures of this were taken with Kurt's camera which is probably in his truck somewhere. You will just have to take my word that fun was had by all.
The morning of the Fourth we woke bright eyed and bushy tailed because we had a ride planned with Kurt's cousin Tori and Justin. It was a great ride! I was the pace car of the whole operation, but they graciously waited for me at every intersection. My poor little motorcycle was pinned. At the 1/2 way point I tried Tori's bike, somewhat reluctant as I am a wuss, and fell in lust. Looking forward to a bigger bike in the future. I really did have so much fun on that ride. Thanks guys for...waiting. And big thanks to grandpa Carl, the baby sitter during the ride.
We got back to dutch oven potatoes and chatting with others of Kurt's cousins (Jamie are you settled yet? I want to see pictures!)
Then almost down the mountain to the Baur family reunion. Homade rootbeer and mutton, need I say more? I have been so excited to show Kurt some of my youth memories. That family reunion was a very cool part of July! Rootbeer was one of my first priorities, but I did get him in on the mutton, pinata, sawdust pit of toys/candy, crafts, and etc etc etc. He and my dad were reluctant to join in the pictures, but they just aren't as pretty as me so who could blame them? It is a very busy reunion, not your standard sit and stare at one another, there is always something good going on and it was fun to have Baby T there.
I INSISTED on fireworks for Torsten's first 4th, and made a mad dash to the store for some sparklers before he went to bed. Do you like my helmet hair?
Needless to say, the boy is head over heals for sparklers. "Mom, can't I just hold it for a second?"
Kurt had to work the morning of the 24th, so T man and I gathered ourselves and headed to the parade. We got lucky and sat with Kristi and her family of parade enthusiasts so we didn't have to sit alone. He liked the drums float the best.
We went out to my families for a bbq later and to make smores (smelling like campfire was, admittedly the flaw to my plan). We thought the baby was sleeping when we arrived. He wasn't. He was too busy crapping the ENTIRE truck. Kurt's arms were covered just from getting him out of his seat. It even spilled out onto the driveway. Kurt took him to the tailgate in an attempt to corral the storm. Janette brought out a warm bath. Thanks to grandma I think the tub was his favorite part of the 24th!




Love the PICTURES!!! I am glad there was no crap in the boat this time. If we hadn't planned already to go today we would of went with you yesterday. Cute Cute Cute!
ReplyDeleteOh my can I just tell you how much I have missed you this month, Even though we have tried to cram in some quality time.. THANK YOU soo much for taking us to the lake!! and for sitting with us on the 24th.. ALWAYS a pleasure to have you. I love that Mr. Baby crapped so much that he got to take a bath on the tailgate!!! I have always wanted to do that!! Next riding trip, Be prepared!! ;)! I vote that you get a bigger bike too, then, I can really kill myself on it when I attempt to ride, but no really skip and I will watch Mr. Man while you and Kurt ride.. Well you know I love ya... YAY to your blogging I need to follow your example! ;)
ReplyDeleteLOL oh man sorry I wrote a Book!
ReplyDeleteLove the pixs w/ him in the little red tub on the back of the tailgate! HOW CUTE!!!
ReplyDelete