Photobucket

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Boobies


You can't throw a rock anymore without hitting someone who has been touched by Breast Cancer. I have many that I love who have fought. Some win... some don't. I think that is a statement many of us could make. Because of this we have to become aware. Self detection is still our best defense, so get out there and feel some boobies you love!!!

There are some great sights out there to inspire and to educate. Here are a couple I frequent:
http://www.pinkribbon.org
www.komen.org
www.feelyourboobies.com
pinktogether.com

You can walk, run, dance, cook, and click for the cure among other things. I challenge each of us to give $1, 1 hour, 1 mile, or some equivalent for each person on our lists.

I grew up spending a lot of time with my grandma, Bess. She took me on daily walks, told me story after story, played the big bad wolf, fed me equal amounts of ice cream and broccoli, loved me like crazy, and taught me to swim. To this day the smell of chlorine brings her to mind. Breast cancer, or what she called the bug, took her from me all too soon.

My life has been filled with amazing women, some of the strongest are breast cancer survivors. Now I meet more and more who are able to stand strong and say they are survivors. To them, I stand behind you, beside you, and if you need I will hold you up!

Cheers to more grandmas, moms, sisters, and friends
When Pink is Just a Color Again!


This is my memory/celebration list. Please, if you have a name that should be here let me know.

In Memory
Bess Miller
Myree Hulet Mitchell
Maxine Durey
Phyllis Hodson

Celebrating
Ann Meek
Paula Meek
Marriott
Annie Brudno
Lori Webster Jones
Rose Huntington
Argene Vance Olsen
Susan Bussio
Neshia Murie Maycock
Geralyn Lucas

1 comment: