Photobucket

Wednesday, October 21, 2009


I have been teaching for SUU. When Kurt and I saw that I had Monday off to harvest Bambi, we both thought the same thing. Salt Lake City, here we come. We packed up the pups and the baby and readied ourselves for some time off.
We hit the park right after we arrived, giving the dogs a chance to stretch and Kurt a chance to play with T at the park, something he hasn't go to do.



Kurt and baby on the slide


Justin and baby on the slide

I have always wanted to surf. Who knows the rhyme or reason for that desire! I had set a goal to surf by a certain date, and as that date approaches I needed to act fast. On Studio 5 they had a spot for 'staycations', vacations you can take localy. There was my answer; Flowrider. And so I went surfing, in the desert. Who knew? Kurt didn't think it sounded like something he wanted to do, but when we got there... Needless to say, we WILL be going back!

With all of my wakeboarding time I had the missconception it would be pretty easy. Woops. I did some, well lets not lie, a lot of falling. May I just say it is a little sore to fall, come view my bruises and we will chat, they should be here for about a month or so. But after several tries I did get better, and can now say that you had better look for me on 'Blue Crush 2'.



The weather was so nice we decided to take Torsten to the zoo. Grandma, Grandpa, uncle Justin and us all got to see him in fine form over the animals.


This was a fox, I think he thought it was a dog.

His favorite was he monkey area, go figure. He would reach for them and talk to them.



Meanwhile, back at the ranch, he got to relax with some wild animals of his own.


I found my boys playing X box. We don't get to see Kurt as much as we would like with him working away. (who are we kidding? We could stare at him all day and not get enough) He seams to know how much we crave him and is always doing cute things to spend time with us when he is home, even though it means he gets no time to himself. He has been waiting for weeks to play a new video game, and happily played it with T in his lap. As someone who tries to work this way I can tell you firsthand, it is unproductive.

Tried to take a pic of my bruises, I am just so proud of them, but the camera doesn't show them well. I have a good one on my butt too, but that goes on a different blog.


And so we say thank you to our favorite vacation spot, the Moench Inn. They feed us, play dominos, zoo trips, hold the baby so I can shower, pet the pups, take us shopping, and don't mind one bit that my kid SCREAMS all night log because he misses his crib. I recomend booking a room there! We are so lucky, thanks guys.

And if you have made it to the end of this post, then you deserve to see a video, everyone love to watch me freak out and wreck! Enjoy.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fun filled vaca you had! Love all the great pictures and fun details of the trip. You are a pro surfer now, awesome bruises! Such a cute family... so lucky that I get to claim you as my relations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I would totally be the chic with legs over head, drowning in the water, cause I can't get repositioned! HA!:) Thanks for the laugh!

    And it is great you guys took some time to vacay! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my.... LOL im sorry it hurt to watch!! But you did good!! Im so proud!! Im so gald you guys had a good time... Your boys look so happy playing their X-Box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I want to come view the battle marks! ;) I still have mine from your bike! LOL some things stay with us forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is seriously one gorgeous little guy you have there. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cry, cause we are already working on running. I swear from the time we get up to the time we go to bed we are on the go!!!! Thank goodness for nap time!!!! on the up I have finally lost all my baby Weight!!!!! Wouldn't have it any other way though, Love my busy little monkey!!!!!

    ReplyDelete